After almost a year without updates, the resource pack editor is now being updated to the newest version of minecraft, 1.8.
Resource Pack creator
- Web GL
The older version used a renderer based on 2D canvas, it was slow but since web gl was not available everywhere is was the only option.
Now the editor uses three.js and requires a browser with WEBGL enabled, three.js has an 2D canvas fallback, but it is not suitable for our needs.
- Show block models based on definitions
Now the editor imports the definition from the models json files
It still not possible to edit the models with the editor yet
- New user interface
The interface was rebuild from scratch, everything is different now.
The new version is better, simple, more usable and more organized
That’s the mainly reason why it took so long, the old code was a mess
The new code is easier to mantain
- fixed a bug with not being able to import or create projects due to not requesting filesystem quota prior to using it.
- changed how flat image textures are edited, instead of the image being load in pixlr it is loaded on the 3d editor, tweaked to edit 2d images.
- save window now work for Images and Items.
- added a button to load a techne model from a .tcn file.
- corrected block elements rotation.
Player Skin editor
- Added the player second layer
- Fixed a bug with poses
- Parts and skins can be loaded on the second layer
- Added a clone tool
- Added mirror option to simulate the old behavior
- Added a banner creator
There are a few other banner creator on the internet and we do not want to have just another equal one.
Our is more focused on exploring random banners variations.
- The wallpaper customizer open in a popup
- Added search
- new version is in development