Nova Skin problems with certain textures and zipping files

There are multiple problems I am encountering with nova skin right now, the first being with certain textures not wanting to change. The lava and water buckets, cake (item) and bed will not change their textures no matter what I do. They simply fail to update when I load up mc.

The next problem is with zipping the files. For some reason one of my texture packs refused to zip. It would zip, but when it downloaded the file would say “error file invalid”

My other texture packs zipped and downloaded just fine.

I followed the instructions about clearing my cache but all that did was erase all of the texture packs I was working on…great huh? I can load in an older version but the past 3 hours of work I did are gone…and the restore button seems to not a have a purpose either.

Hopefully these problems will be fixed soon enough.

So, I did a small test with the cake and it seems to work.

• check your zip file, the cake.png should be inside the folder *assets\minecraft\textures\items*
  • check the resource pack order in minecraft
  • try to zip the texture packs that refuses to zip, open the console (press ctrl+f12, go to the console tab on the panel that open on the bottom of the browser and copy the error log), paste the error log here so I can check the error.

cake.zip (17.6 KB)

Hello,

I thought that I would just clarify that the problem isn’t with loading the zipped files in, it’s with the zip files I download from nova skin being invalid.

Here are some images that might help:

I get one of these two messages no matter what.

Yes, I understood that. But I need the error log to check what possibly is going wrong.
Are you able to edit the textures from this resourcepack that refuses to zip?

Yes I am able to edit textures in it. I’m confused, where do I need to be when I hit ctrl+f12? In minecraft or…

Wait never mind, I believe this is it:

Attr.nodeValue’ is deprecated. Please use ‘value’ instead.
http://minecraft.novaskin.me/texturepack/pack.png Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
http://minecraft.novaskin.me/{{%20screenshot%20}} Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
http://minecraft.novaskin.me/{{icon}} Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
VM160:1 ‘webkitIDBObjectStore’ is deprecated. Please use ‘IDBObjectStore’ instead.
three.js:3414 THREE.WebGLRenderer 62
three.js:9909 THREE.WebGLRenderer: S3TC compressed textures not supported.
three.js:3414 THREE.WebGLRenderer 62
three.js:9909 THREE.WebGLRenderer: S3TC compressed textures not supported.
follow_button.df71e9fd75415d2cee8cfded99ebe79f.en.html:1 Consider using ‘dppx’ units, as in CSS ‘dpi’ means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual ‘dpi’ of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5), (min-resolution: 144dpi)
Consider using ‘dppx’ units, as in CSS ‘dpi’ means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual ‘dpi’ of a screen. In media query expression: (min-resolution: 144dpi), (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5)

hum, the error log does not show anything related to the zipping. Have you tried to zip the project before copying the log?

also, have you checked if the cake.png file is inside assets\minecraft\textures\items
I think a bug caused your project to not have a textures folder.;

can you take a screenshot of you project home? just click projects, open the project. like this one

then navigate to the cake.png (do not click to edit it) file and take another screenshot

Yep, I definitely tried zipping it before I got the error log.

No, the cake file is not in assets\minecraft\textures\items

Also, for some reason when I go to create a new texture for the cake item and I’m about to save this pops up

It shows that the texture I already want is there, but that’s the only place I can see it. It’s not in my texture pack or anywhere else.

Ram Tao Banesco mando sigo Hai pa.